About Me

My photo
Assalamualaikum (: known as nonnyy :) yellowish-brown skin tone. 21 years old. still studying. 166sm. 50kilogram average. Not so talkative and positive not passively. Arrogant little bit yes i admit it. Fanatic skinny jeans but i'm fat (: shark teeth HAHAHA but i love my smile. Never published my blog. I create just to share my personal life with you. My pleasure to meet u all. cheers (:

Monday, January 23, 2012

7 Tips from Professional Fashion Photographer

assalamualaikum semua (: 

i'm continue my passionate about photography, clicking every page and blog to study about what photography was looking for. searching by searching , i found something knowledge and i love to share with my followers, about Tips how to elaborate ideas before you taking and capture some picture.

Fashion photography is an extremely to tough market to break into, but if you willing to work hard, have a good imagination and hold the ability to take perfect images you are off to a good start.

1. PREPARATION
In my opinion , this is the important bit of advise I can give you.
In fact, don't just prepare, over prepare !
I never walk on to a set without having a concrete idea of what I'm looking to achieve. I have a books, and books of tear sheets of images of lighting, makeup, hair, styling, posing, editing, etc. 
It's very easy to become burnt out as a photographer, but if you have these books of inspiring images to glance through, I can pretty much guarantee something will catch your eye, and a concept or story will begin to develop.

2. IT'S YOUR CONCEPT
Working in fashion, there is obviously a team of hair stylist, makeup artists, and stylists I work with, however I'm involved in all of it from A-Z.
I'm always open to suggestions and ideas, and love to see what others can bring to the table, but I never hand over the reigns.
You cannot let someone else take over your vision.
If you do, it will read in your images.
You need a very smooth execution of your story in order for your audience to grasp it, so be sure to take control of it.

3. MOVE AND MOVE SOME MORE
I experiment from every possible angle when I'm shooting.
I shoot and move, shoot and move.
You can't wait for the shot to come to you, you have to go find it.

4. BE A DIRECTOR
I direct, A LOT.
There are some models that don't need a lot of direction, and I love to be inspired by what they bring to set, however I don't lose sight of my direction.
Again, you can't wait for the shot to come to you, you have to create it.

5. BREAK THE RULES
Whomever said ' rules are meant to broken, ' was on the right track.
I was taught the correct way to light my subjects, and for a long time that's what I did. After a few fortunate accidents, I realized there's something to be said about high contrast and dramatic lightning.
Not everything needs to be lit just so, or be perfectly flattering.
Bend and break the rules and see what you find.
You will surprise yourself.

6. NEVER STOP SHOOTING
Shoot whenever, and where ever.
The second you stop shooting, is the second your 'photographic brain' starts slowly disappearing and getting lazy.
You start losing your creative energy, and second guessing yourself, then you begin to thinking maybe you're not good enough etc.
If you keep shooting, you don't have the chance to fall into that hole.
Once you're there, it's hard to dig yourself out !
Shoot, shoot, shoot !

7. CONFIDENCE
You have to believe in yourself and your work !
The best way to learn is to completely throw yourself into it.
You can't be afraid to screw up !
The reality of the situation is that inevitably, you will screw up !
But it's okay, it's actually wonderful because it's how you learn.
Every time I make mistake on set, I learn and I know better for next time.
My first shoot with clients, I almost walked off set because I didn't trust myself, and I was so scared of making a mistake and embarrassing myself.
I sat there running trough all the possible disasters that could occur, then I shut it all out because I knew if I didn't shoot then, I never would !
The images from that shoot are some of my favorites images to date !

(:

No comments:

Post a Comment